A VERY WARM WELCOME TO DUNAVERTY ROCK, SOUTHEND, KINTYRE
We offer self catering holiday accommodation right beside the sea in this truly beautiful historic location at the southern end of the Kintyre peninsula on the west coast of Scotland, just across the sea from Ireland. Dunaverty Rock is conveniently located on the Kintyre Way just yards from our door. Please contact us for availability using the website booking enquiry form or by telephoning us on 01586 830268 or 01586 830676 anytime.
UNBEATABLE SEASIDE LOCATION WITH PANORAMIC SEA VIEWS
- Surrounded by safe sandy beaches
- Dramatic historic rock setting (site of Dunaverty Castle)
- Ornithological and wildlife paradise throughout the year (otters, gannets, dolphins and seals are common sights)
- Ferries to Gigha, Arran, Islay, and Ardrossan are all within easy reach
- Yards from Dunaverty golf course and only 10 miles from two Machrihanish golf courses
- Baggage transfers are available by request
- Local airport /ferry pick-ups are possible
- Free Wi-Fi
- No smoking indoors
- No pets
Southend village (just a ten minute walk across the golf course) has a shop, an award winning tea room, a post office and a pub.
Campbeltown (ten miles away) has supermarkets, a petrol station, a cinema, a marina, two whisky distilleries and lots of pubs.
Campbeltown airport is ten miles away and from there it takes less than 30 minutes flying time to Glasgow.
WHAT’S ON OFFER IN THIS BEAUTIFUL PLACE :
A CHOICE OF THREE UNIQUE PLACES TO STAY
SEA CAPTAINS HOUSE – sleeps 2- 4.
Located on the upper floors of the stone-built boathouse, this large airy apartment is our most popular option with families.
LIFEBOAT STUDIO – sleeps 2 – 4.
Located on the ground floor of the stone built boathouse, this flexible open plan space is our most popular option with groups of friends and families with young children .
SUMMER COTTAGE – sleeps 2-3.
This detached cosy cottage overlooking the bay is our most popular option with couples. Unfortunately not suitable for children under five or for persons with mobility problems due to steep and narrow opentread stairs.